This quick and easy Green Tomato Salad can be ready in just a few minutes. The fresh & tangy green tomato salad with onions is cooling on a hot summer’s day!
Who doesn’t love a healthy tasty salad along with their meal on any given day? And when it’s tangy, even better! Plain white rice and cooked yellow lentils, or cumin-fried rice and a tasty mutton curry, or a plate of fried kingfish with Indian veggies and also wholewheat rotis; these are just some of the options that this tangy onion salad can be paired with.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Green Tomato Salad?
All you need is a few green tomatoes, some onions – preferably red and spicy, pudina or fresh mint leaves, pepper powder, lemon juice, & a little bit of salt.
How To Make Green Tomato Salad?
Slice your onions into rings and the green tomatoes into thin round slices. Mix in a plate of flat dish and add some fresh mint leaves on top. Sprinkle with a little pepper powder and salt and drizzle with lemon juice. And voila, your green tomato salad is ready! Optionally, you can add all the ingredients to a tupperware bowl, close the lid and shake well before transporting it to the flat salad dish.
Cooking Tips & Tricks
- Cut the onions into rings.
- Slice the tomatoes into thin round slices.
- Sprinkle pepper powder or you can also crush some whole pepper and use that.
- If you don’t have lemon juice, use lime juice.
- This tomato fresh fruit and veggie salad is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- If you’re not a fan of onions, use only half an onion.
- This is a simple Indian-style salad that my mom makes. It’s usually eaten in small quantities like we do aachar or pickle.
What Other Salad Recipes Should I Try?
- Kachumber (not cucumber) Salad
- Pink Guava Salad
- Boiled Egg Salad
- Sirke Wala Pyaaz
- Raw Mango Kadmat Salad
Did you love our recipe? Was it 4-star or 5-star? Please click on the stars or leave your review below!
You can print off the list of ingredients and instructions to follow for making this recipe via the recipe card below (for home use only).
You can also tag us on Instagram or join our Facebook group and share your lovely food pics and results of your food experiments there!
Green Tomato & Onion Salad
Click the stars to add your rating! Left you don’t like it, right you love it!
- 2 Green Tomato
- 1 Onion One large or two small
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- .5 teaspoon Pepper Powder Or crushed pepper
- .5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Cut the green tomatoes into thin slices.
- Cut the onions into rings.
- Add salt, lemon juice, and pepper powder.
- Mix in a closed container or glass or Tupperware bowl and add fresh mint leaves on top.
- Move to a flat dish or salad plate and serve.
Please click to rate the recipe! Left you don’t like it, right you love it!
- Use either lemon juice or lime juice. Both work.
- If you’re not too fond of onions, use only half an onion.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
Disclaimer: Nutrition Information per serving is estimated by a third party software based on the ingredients used, and is for informational purposes only. It will vary from product to product, based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients. Please consult the package labels of the ingredients you use, or chat with your dietician for specific details.